Boxer's lawsuit against 'Bleed For This' filmmakers tossed

FILE - This Nov. 2, 2016 file photo, former boxer Vinny Paz, subject of the film "Bleed for This," poses at the premiere of the film in Beverly Hills, Calif. Paz’s lawsuit against the makers of the Hollywood movie about his life has been dismissed. The Providence Journal reports Thursday, Dec. 7, 2017, that filings in state Superior Court show both Paz’s claim and the defendant’s counterclaim were dismissed with prejudice. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File)

Former boxer Vinny Paz's lawsuit against the makers of a Hollywood movie about his life, 'Bleed For This,' has been dismissed

PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Former boxer Vinny Paz's lawsuit against the makers of a Hollywood movie about his life has been dismissed.

The Rhode Island native had sued the producer and the director of the 2016 film "Bleed for This" this year, claiming they had forged his signature and owed him $175,000.

The Providence Journal reported Thursday that filings in state Superior Court show Paz's claim and the defendants' counterclaim were dismissed with prejudice.

The onetime lightweight and light middleweight boxing champion says he was promised $300,000 but was paid only $125,000.

Producer Chad Verdi and director Ben Younger said in their counterclaim Paz had agreed to reduce his fee when the film struggled to secure funding.

Paz tells the newspaper the "misunderstanding" has since been resolved.

___

Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com

You may also like these

At 93, legendary climber Fred Beckey still...

Aug 13, 2016

Legendary Seattle climber Fred Beckey is the focus of a new documentary film about his life

'Suicide Squad' loses some luster in 2nd...

Aug 14, 2016

"Suicide Squad" isn't looking as bright in weekend two, dropping an estimated 67 percent

Study finds women competitors dominate NBC's...

Aug 15, 2016

A study finds that nearly 59 percent of the prime-time Olympic competition shown so far on NBC...

Trial date set for ex-Patriots star Hernandez in...

Aug 16, 2016

A judge has set a trial date in February for former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez in...

Rape case from the past casts pallor on 'Birth of...

Aug 17, 2016

Hollywood trade publications are reporting that a woman who accused filmmaker Nate Parker of rape...

Sign up now!