The Latest: Woodstock 50 in talks with alternate venue

FILE - In a March 19, 2019 file photo, hip hop recording artist Common, left, and Woodstock co-producer and co-founder, Michael Lang, participate in the Woodstock 50 lineup announcement at Electric Lady Studios, in New York. The fate of the Woodstock 50 festival is further in doubt after Watkins Glen International announced Monday, June 10, 2019 that it’s not hosting the anniversary event. Watkins Glen issued a two-sentence statement Monday saying it had terminated the site license for the festival “pursuant to provisions of the contract.”(Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)

A principal organizer of the Woodstock 50 festival says he and others are in discussions with another venue to host the event after Watkins Glen International pulled out

WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. — The Latest on the Woodstock 50 festival (all times local):

8:15 p.m.

A principal organizer of the Woodstock 50 festival says he and others are in discussions with another venue to host the event after Watkins Glen International pulled out.

Gregory Peck said organizers "look forward to sharing the new location when tickets go on sale in the coming weeks."

Earlier Monday, Watkins Glen issued a statement saying it had terminated the site license for the festival scheduled for Aug. 16-18.

The festival has faced a series of issues since a falling-out with backer Amplifi Live in April.

The festival announced last month that investment bank Oppenheimer & Co. had signed on as a financial adviser to pull money together.

The tentative lineup includes Jay-Z, Santana, Miley Cyrus, John Fogerty, Dead & Company and Imagine Dragons.

___

5:10 p.m.

The fate of the Woodstock 50 festival is further in doubt after Watkins Glen International announced it's not hosting the anniversary event.

Watkins Glen issued a two-sentence statement Monday saying it had terminated the site license for the festival "pursuant to provisions of the contract."

A representative of the festival says a comment will be issued soon.

The festival scheduled Aug. 16-18 has faced a series of issues since a falling-out with backer Amplifi Live in April. Woodstock co-founder and 50th anniversary festival organizer Michael Lang filed a lawsuit against the investor.

The festival announced last month that investment bank Oppenheimer & Co. had signed on as a financial adviser to pull money together.

The tentative lineup includes Jay-Z, Santana, Miley Cyrus, John Fogerty, Dead & Company and Imagine Dragons.

You may also like these

Nephew in 'Making a Murderer' has conviction...

Aug 13, 2016

A judge has overturned the conviction of a Wisconsin man found guilty of helping his uncle kill a...

'Wire' actor Wendell Pierce loses Baton Rouge home

Aug 16, 2016

"The Wire" and "Treme" actor Wendell Pierce's home was destroyed by flooding in Baton Rouge,...

New Pennsylvania AG was prosecutor who didn't...

Aug 17, 2016

The former county prosecutor taking over the duties of Pennsylvania's convicted attorney general is...

As floodwaters recede, disbelief mixes with...

Aug 17, 2016

The smell of muddy water hung heavy in the air as people began sorting through waterlogged...

Furious California wildfire leaves trail of...

Aug 18, 2016

A destructive wildfire raced through drought-parched canyons east of Los Angeles, burning homes and...

Sign up now!